Committees and Caucuses
Committees play a key role in Congress. Committees are how Congress determines the needs of the country and how to respond to these needs. Congresswoman Finkenauer is honored to serve on the following committees as a voice for Iowa’s First District.
The House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure has jurisdiction over all modes of transportation: aviation, maritime and waterborne transportation, highways, bridges, mass transit, and railroads. The Committee also has jurisdiction over other aspects of our national infrastructure, such as clean water and waste water management, the transport of resources by pipeline, flood damage reduction, the management of federally owned real estate and public buildings, the development of economically depressed rural and urban areas, disaster preparedness and response, and hazardous materials transportation. Congresswoman Finkenauer is committed to fixing Iowa’s crumbling infrastructure to address the needs of small businesses, farms, and grow Iowa’s economy.
- Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment
The House Small Business Committee proposes and evaluates legislation that affects small businesses, and also oversees the Small Business Administration, which provides support for small businesses at every stage of their development. The Committee's jurisdiction includes addressing the high cost of insurance, making affordable loans available, and offering disaster assistance. Congresswoman Finkenauer is proud to represent the 48% of Iowans who are small business employees and ensure real results for working families.
- Subcommittee on Rural Development, Agriculture, Trade, and Entrepreneurship (Chairwoman)
The Rural Development, Agriculture, Trade, and Entrepreneurship addresses policies that enhance rural economic growth, increase America’s energy independence and ensure that America’s small businesses can compete effectively in a global marketplace. Representative Finkenauer is dedicated to ensuring Iowans in small towns and rural communities have every opportunity to raise their families with good-paying jobs and a high quality of life.
- Subcommittee on Innovation and Workforce Development
A congressional caucus is formed by members of Congress who wish to meet regularly in support of a common legislative priority. Congresswoman Finkenauer is a member of the following caucuses:
- Committee on Caucus Procedures
- LGBTQ Equality Caucus
- Army Caucus
- Skilled American Workforce Caucus
- Health Care Innovation Caucus
- House Rural Health Coalition
- Blue Collar Caucus
- Agriculture and Rural America Caucus
- Air Force Caucus
- Cancer Survivors Caucus
- Congressional Rural Caucus
- Congressional Navy & Marine Corps Caucus
- Congressional Women's Caucus
- Mentoring Caucus
- Mississippi River Caucus
- National Service Congressional Caucus
- House Rural Education Caucus
- Servicewomen and Women Veterans Congressional Caucus